Hiring Managers, you shouldn’t just be asking potential candidates questions. You need to ask potential recruiters a few important questions before you engage their services. Even if your company has used that agency before, you need to make sure that you are getting the right consultant for your vacant position.
Here are 8 questions you should be asking your recruiter the next time you engage an agency/recruiter:
- How long has the recruiter been working in recruitment for?
- Why are they the right recruiter to find the best candidate for you?
- How do they maintain relationships with candidates? What is their candidate care process?
- What areas do they specialise in?
- What type of clients and industries do they typically work for?
- Are there any other consultants in their agency that they work with to source candidates?
- What is the process after our initial brief? Do they send a shortlist? How long should I expect it to take?
- What happens after the candidate is placed? Do we stay in touch before the candidate start date? After the candidate starts?
Just like most things in life, go with your gut. When you meet with a recruiter for a role, you should have a good rapport and see yourself being able to establish a long term, professional relationship! There are a lot of great recruiters out there, make sure you are working with the best.